Please contact us with any questions or concerns at [email protected] or call (206) 725-8867, 10am - 6pm leave a message if we don't answer right away. We do our best to return every phone call.
1 The Basics
1.1 What are your hours?
- Our warehouse is closed to the public until further notice.
- Our bike shop is open from 11am to 5pm every single day, except holidays.
- You can drop off bike donations at the warehouse on Mondays only, 11am to 5pm.
1.2 Where's the Bike Works Shop located?
Bike Works has been part of Seattle's beautiful Columbia City neighborhood since 1996. We have two buildings, our shop and our warehouse.
- Our shop is located at 3709 S Ferdinand St, Seattle WA, 98118
- Our warehouse is located at 3715 S Hudson St, Seattle WA, 98118. Go down the driveway and turn left, and our entrance is located about 100 feet down. Reminder that the warehouse is currently closed.
2 COVID-19 Changes
2.1 What changes have you made for COVID-19 times?
Good question. We've made a few important changes to keep our employees and the community safe. Here's what's going on:
- Our bike shop at 3709 S Ferdinand St in Columbia City is not open for in-store browsing. We're in there working though, and we'll gladly help you at the front door or through the side windows.
- All of our sales are run through this online store. Everything from accessories to whole bikes can be purchased online.
- Our warehouse at 3715 S Hudson St is closed to the public until further notice.
- All bike donations are being accepted at the warehouse on Mondays only, 11am to 5pm. You can always drop off bike donations at any King County Transfer Stations, and they'll make their way to us eventually.
2.2 Should I wear a mask when visiting Bike Works?
In order to protect our staff and the broader community, please be sure to wear a mask or face covering when you arrive to pick up your bike. If you are not wearing a mask, we will not be able to assist, and will ask you to return with a proper face covering. We'll be wearing masks to protect you, please return the favor!
2.3 Are you offering in-store browsing?
No, we are not offering in-store browsing until further notice. We will continually reassess this policy as the ongoing health emergency evolves.
2.4 Can I come visit the warehouse for used parts?
Unfortuantely no, our warehouse is closed to the public until further notice. We will look at adjusting this policy as the ongoing health emergency evolves.
3 In-Store Pickup & Shipping
3.1 How does In-Store Pickup work?
Once you've placed your order, we'll send email communication for status updates. You'll receive an email letting you know when it's ready to be picked up.
When you arrive, we will greet you at the door or the side window and ask to see your order confirmation or ID. If your order includes a bike, it will be locked up out front. We will tell you the combo code to the lock, and any additional items you may have ordered will be brought to you.
Our pickup address is that of our shop:
3709 S Ferdinand St, Seattle WA, 98118
3.2 Can my order be shipped?
Yes! We have recently turned on the ability to ship accessories and other small items. We ship with USPS multiple times per week, and we do not currently provide tracking numbers.
3.3 Can you ship a bike to me?
Unfortunately no, we do not currently offer shipping for our bikes. Since nearly all of our bikes are used and refurbished, shipping would be a headache for us and a fortune for you. We have a great system set up for In-Store Pickup at the Bike Works shop at 3709 South Ferdinand Street in Seattle.
3.4 Can I ship a return back to you?
No. All returns must be processed at our shop location in person.
4 Returns & Refunds
4.1 What's your return policy?
We offer a generous return policy. Here's the details:
- We offer no questions returns on most items up to 30 days after the original order date. Beyond 30 days, we cannot accept returns.
- We no longer charge a restocking fee.
- Bikes need to be inspected before a full refund is offered.
- No returns on helmets.
- No returns/refunds for gift cards.
4.2 How long will a refund take to process?
Refunds will be processed within 24 hours of your item being returned. The funds should return to your original payment method within 3-5 business days.
4.3 Can my refund be sent to a different payment method?
Nope. We can only issue a refund to the original payment method used for the purchase.