Please contact us with any questions or concerns at [email protected] or call our shop during our regular business hours. Please leave a message if we can't get to the phone. We do our best to return every phone call.
1 The Basics
1.1 What are your hours?
- Our bike shop is open from 12pm to 6pm Monday, Tuesday, Thursday, and Friday and 11am to 5pm Saturday and Sunday. We are closed on Wednesdays.
- The warehouse is open to the public every 1st and 3rd Saturday, except when noted on our calendar.
- You can drop off bike donations at the warehouse on any day, 11am to 5pm.
1.2 Where's the Bike Works Shop located?
Bike Works has been part of Seattle's beautiful Columbia City neighborhood since 1996. We have two buildings, our shop and our warehouse.
- Our shop is located at 3709 S Ferdinand St, Seattle WA, 98118
- Our warehouse is located at 3715 S Hudson St, Seattle WA, 98118. Go down the driveway and turn left, and our entrance is located about 100 feet down. Reminder that the warehouse is only open for shopping the 1st and 3rd Saturday of each month.
2 COVID-19 Changes
2.1 Should I wear a mask when visiting Bike Works?
In order to protect our staff and the broader community, please be sure to wear a mask or face covering while you are inside our bike shop. We'll be wearing masks to protect you, please return the favor!
2.2 Are you offering in-store browsing?
Our shop is open 12-6pm Monday, Tuesday, Thursday, and Friday and 11am-5pm Saturday-Sunday.
We are CLOSED on Wednesdays.
2.3 Can I come visit the warehouse for used parts?
Generally, our warehouse is open to the public on the 1st and 3rd Saturdays of each month, 1-4pm.
Please check our calendar for updates or closures: https://bikeworks.org/calendar/
3 In-Store Pickup & Shipping
3.1 How does In-Store Pickup work?
Once you've placed your order, and we have processed it, you'll receive an email letting you know when it's ready to be picked up at our bike shop: 3709 S Ferdinand St, Seattle WA, 98118.
When you arrive, please inform our staff that you have an online order to pick up and they will find it for you.
3.2 Can my order be shipped?
Yes! We have recently turned on the ability to ship accessories and other small items. We ship with USPS multiple times per week, and we do not currently provide tracking numbers.
3.3 Can you ship a bike to me?
Unfortunately no, we do not currently offer shipping for our bikes. Since nearly all of our bikes are used and refurbished, shipping would be a headache for us and a fortune for you. We have a great system set up for In-Store Pickup at the Bike Works shop at 3709 South Ferdinand Street in Seattle.
3.4 Can I ship a return back to you?
No. All returns must be processed at our shop location in person.
4 Returns & Refunds
4.1 What's your return policy?
We offer a generous return policy. Here's the details:
- We offer returns on most items up to 30 days after the original purchase date, with the receipt. Beyond 30 days, we cannot accept returns.
- Bicycles need to be inspected before a full refund is offered.
- Bicycles are subject to a 10% re-stocking fee based upon the original value of the bicycle.
- No returns on helmets.
- No returns/refunds for gift cards.
4.2 How long will a refund take to process?
The funds should return to your original payment method within 3-5 business days.
4.3 Can my refund be sent to a different payment method?
Nope. We can only issue a refund to the original payment method used for the purchase.